Registration is open for runners and walkers of all ages to participate in the annual Ottawa Hills Back to School 5K. The event raises money for the district’s After Prom program. Here’s what you need to know:
- Date: Sunday, Aug. 18
- Race/walk start time: 9 a.m.
- Packet pick up: Friday, Aug. 16, from 5:30-7 p.m.
- Cost: $20 for Ottawa Hills’ students and staff; $22 for everyone else. Prices increase Aug. 5 to $25 for students and staff; $30 for everyone else. Costs include T-shirt and chip timing. This is a rain-or-shine event: No refunds!
Register now: https://runsignup.com/Race/OH/OttawaHills/OttawaHillsBackToSchool5K
Print forms are available here and from both the elementary and junior/senior high offices. They also will be mailed to village residents later this month. Please complete one form for EACH participant.
Yes, that means you! Multiple roles are available, from handing out registration packets and serving as the finish-line medal assistant to photographer. Help make this event successful: sign up for something today!
Volunteer sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4da8ad2ca2f49-back
Sponsorships are still available. If interested, please contact Pam Byrne.
Additional race details:
- The race starts on Evergreen Road in front of the high school.
- The race will use chip-timing; water stops throughout the course.
- New this year: A certified course through the village.
- Awards by age groups (the 5K walk is non-competitive).
- Post-race refreshments.
- Limited number of T-shirts available after Aug. 5.
The cause being supported is “After Prom,” a fun, safe evening for high school students that takes place every year after Prom.