The 2020 boys' and girls' cross-country teams wrapped up very successful years last weekend, culminating in appearances at States. Here is a list of achievements earned by this squad:
- The boys' and girls' teams were named Toledo Area Athletic Conference (TAAC) champs.
- Freshman JoAnna Kelley was named TAAC Women's Runner of the Year.
- Freshman Riley Nixon was named TAAC Men's Runner of the Year.
- Both teams qualified for Regionals.
- The girls' team qualified for States for the first time in school history. They finished 14th out of 20. At States, JoAnna finished 21st and set a new personal record and beat her previous best (and school record) by 0.1 seconds (19:23.1). With her finish in the Division III race, JoAnna earned "All Ohio" status as recognized by the state of Ohio and The Ohio Association of Track and Cross Country Coaches. Also running at States for OH were Isabelle Gray, Anjali McGrath, Elanora Smith, Anna Ellingson, Ava Porter, and Aava Paudel.
- For the boys, Riley was invited as an individual and finished 24th. He beat his own personal record by 14 seconds and the school record (set this year by teammate and senior Keefer McClure) by 10 seconds by running 16:25.10. With his finish, he also qualified for Division III "All Ohio" status.