Enroll in the District
New Village families:
General enrollment process
Step 1: Complete the online enrollment process for your child. NOTE: Children must be 5 years of age on or before Aug. 1 of the year they will be entering kindergarten. (A registration packet for new Elementary School students must be obtained through the school office.)
Begin Kindergarten Registration
Step 2: Schedule your appointment to prove residency within the school district. To do so, contact Karen Mayfield in the Superintendent’s office at 419-536-6371 or email@example.com. Appointments will be made for Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday mornings. Superintendent office hours during the summer are Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (If applicable, official custody papers must also be provided at your residency appointment.
Important documents to download:
New Village families:
Enrolling a Jr./Sr. High School student
In addition to completing the online enrollment process (see link above), the following items must be received by the Junior/Senior High School office for students enrolling in grades 7-12 before classes can be scheduled:
- Release of Records Form (download form)
- Certified original birth certificate
- Immunization records (from the student's birth to present)
It is strongly recommended that the following items also be provided to expedite the class scheduling process:
- Current high school transcript and most recent class schedule (high school only)
- Most recent report card
- Special Education records (IEP/ETR), if applicable
- Written Education Plan (WEP), if applicable
- 504 Accommodations Plan records, if applicable
If your child will need to receive medication during school hours, you must complete the Parent Request and Authorization to Administer a Prescribed/Over the Counter Medication or Drug.
Once these items are provided to the Junior/Senior High School Main Office, you may call 419-536-8047 to request an appointment with a counselor or assistant principal to schedule classes.
The State of Ohio Department of Education sets tuition rates. At this time Ottawa Hills Local Schools is not currently accepting new nonresident children on a tuition basis. For the 2022-2023 school year the Ohio Department of Education has set tuition rates as follow:
- Ottawa Hills Local Schools’ in-state tuition rate is $12,588.77, which computes to $1,398.76 per month.
- Ottawa Hills Local Schools’ out-of-state tuition rate is $14,833.29, which computes to $1,648.14 per month.
Contact one of these offices:
A reminder to Village families:
If you have moved within the Village and have a new address, please notify Karen Mayfield in the Office of the Superintendent. It is important to keep your address current for mailings. You will be required to complete a Residency Confirmation form and provide the appropriate paperwork for proving residency.