Congratulations to the boys’ track and field team for winning Districts in Division III on Friday (May 20). The boys captured five first-place finishes on the way to earning 99 points, six ahead of Norwalk St. Paul. Liberty Center (91.5) took third and Maumee Valley (65) fifth.
First-place finishes were earned by:
- Sophomore Riley Nixon in both the 1,600m (4:44.10) and 3,200m (10:11.85)
- Junior Carson Mackey in the 800m (2:03.65)
- Senior Teddy Perozek in the high jump (6-2)
- And the group of Nixon, Mackey, and juniors Sage Egan and Thomas Franklin in the 4x800m relay (8:14.41).
Other top-five finishes were earned by:
- Perozek in the long jump (18-07.5)
- Egan in the 1600m (2nd) and 800m (5th)
- Franklin in the 3200m (2nd)
- Perozek, junior Brandon Dolsey, and seniors Chase Lorenzen and Walker Kight in the 4x100m (3rd)
- Kight in the 200m (3rd) and 100m (5th)
- Mackey, Nixon Egan and junior Max Chandar Koube in the 4x400m (2nd).
On the girls’ side, senior Elanora Smith finished third in the 800m
All of these Green Bear athletes now move on to Regionals, which take place Wednesday and Friday (May 25 and 27) in Port Clinton.